Lili Calitz posted about About Basic Income on Facebook 2016-04-08 01:45:30 -0400
Basic income: this seems like a pretty interesting idea - anyone looked into it?
Find out how a basic income can provide economic security for every American.
- How does it work?
- What are the benefits?
- How do we pay for it? Where does the money come from?
- What is origin of this idea, the history of basic income?
- But won’t it undermine work incentives? Won’t people quit their jobs?
- But isn’t it wrong to give money to people who waste or squander it? What about drug addicts, alcoholics, and folks who are lazy or irresponsible?
- What about children? Shouldn’t parents get a larger amount, a supplement?
- Won’t it cause inflation? What if prices go up for food and housing?
- How will this affect economic growth? What if there’s a recession? What about unemployment?
- How does basic income relate to Social Security?
- Could a state enact a basic income? What about a city or county?
- Are there countries that already have basic income or something similar?
- What are the politics of basic income? Who’s likely to support it? Liberal Democrats? Conservative Republicans? Independent candidates? “Third” parties?