Laura Dely posted about About Basic Income on Facebook 2017-01-16 14:58:41 -0500
i have written about BIG on my Word Press blog, Rage and Roll, and was looking for something new to post today in honor of MLK. Thank you for this great resource.
Find out how a basic income can provide economic security for every American.
- How does it work?
- What are the benefits?
- How do we pay for it? Where does the money come from?
- What is origin of this idea, the history of basic income?
- But won’t it undermine work incentives? Won’t people quit their jobs?
- But isn’t it wrong to give money to people who waste or squander it? What about drug addicts, alcoholics, and folks who are lazy or irresponsible?
- What about children? Shouldn’t parents get a larger amount, a supplement?
- Won’t it cause inflation? What if prices go up for food and housing?
- How will this affect economic growth? What if there’s a recession? What about unemployment?
- How does basic income relate to Social Security?
- Could a state enact a basic income? What about a city or county?
- Are there countries that already have basic income or something similar?
- What are the politics of basic income? Who’s likely to support it? Liberal Democrats? Conservative Republicans? Independent candidates? “Third” parties?